Petrie is a likeable Glaswegian, if a little nervous on this occasion. Some good observational comedy derived from his own life, and generally enjoyable, but no big laughs in there.
Moldovan Vulpe is a class act. Her slow dead pan delivery belies excellent timing, and her punchlines often come out left field. Or she'll leave the audience to fill them in for themselves, which is often funnier. I found myself wishing for a lot longer than her allocated half hour.
I wouldn't normally blame an audience for a flat atmosphere, as it's up to the performer to adapt. But in this case I did feel Vulpe deserved better. You get the best rewards from her humour if you're prepared to put in a bit of effort yourself, which most seemed unable to do. If you love comedians who make you think different, and bring in a dose of the unexpected, then Vulpe is waiting for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment